Holy crap! My home made drum sander actually works!

I was building a belt sander, not a drum sander. My idea was to replace the belt on a treadmill with an abrasive one. It worked, it just didn't work out very well. Tensioning and tracking problems, and kaFLOOM there goes a lot of money.

His drum sander is a much better home brew idea to solve a similar sort of problem.

Reply to
Silvan

"Oops!"

Look where the arrow is pointing. there's a big gap in the vertical support.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Great machine!!! I'm in the process of building one for my shop as wel

and hope that you could give me some advice.

What type of bearings did you use (bronze or ball bearing)? Do yo think that 3/4 inch rod would be sufficient for a 30" wide drum? Wha did you do to ensure that the drum is securely fastened to the rod? And finally, what type of glue did you use to assemble the drum?

In advance, thanks for your help!

Scot

-- makesawdust

Reply to