Delta Drum Sander

I've got a pretty stupid, if not obvious question about replacing the sanding strips on the 18" Delta drum sander. I got one as a bday present a couple months ago, and just last night decided to replace the factory installed 80 grit paper with some 120. Now in my hast last night when I pulled the 80 off, I didn't notice the way the arrows were pointing. I did go a googling and found much discussion about the sanders in general, but didn't find anything about that. Do the arrows go the direction the drum turns, or the direction the wood is fed? I know I should know this you know??? TIA

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

There are arrows somewhere?

I never looked. Put the strip on the right hand side and roll the drum away from you. Make sure you keep the strip tight and butted tightly together with no overlap.

After you've sanded a bit check for tightness on the strip especially on the ends.

You can get a little more use out of the strips by removing them when they start to show a little wear and start them at the other end of the strip.

CLEAN the strips frequently during use.

Reply to
Mike G

Yea, sorry I didn't say where the arrows were. They're on the belts themselves. I'm still waiting on a reply back from Delta also. With the holiday, I ain't expecting to hear from them till next week. Owners manual doesn't say a thing about it either.

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose
[snip] I know I should know this you know??? TIA

The rule is: "Once you know, you know."

Josie

Reply to
firstjois