HF Bandsaw riser discontinued...ideas???

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:25:40 +0200, "Robert MacKinnon" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

i got in on this one late. . .but here goes.

the riser kit you need from HF is STILL available. its not a "kit" nor does it really have a "part number" its a "replacement part" and if the gonad on the other end of the line at the HF order center does not know to punch the numbers in as a replacement part, they will say its discontinued. i have the kit numbers here somewhere, and i'll post em asap

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Thank You. I was not following him. I understand the guide rod part, but several have said that drilling it was no problem. Considering that, I thought he was comparing what he said, to the price and meed to drill the hole. I just couldn't make that work in my mind, so I was hoping som,eone would lay it out.

Reply to
Digger

Looks like you misunderstood, Harbor Freight no longer carries the riser block through the customer service department. They now have it in the catalog. Item 09645-OBFA fits item number 32208 - it's listed at $49.99

The last few months Harbor Freight has been adding many new items to the catalog including several router bit sets, only wished I knew how good they were, a cabinet maker kit for less then $100.00 sounds goods. I paid twice that much for my Freud set, and don't know if the Freud is any better.

Reply to
joe

Reply to
chughes60

I see it will fit my #32208 4 speed 14 inch bandsaw. Will the guide adjust to handle the full 0 to 12 inch range with the riser block in place?

If not, do you have any ingenious ideas to work around that?

If not that, how long do you think it would take to change the saw over with a little practice?

I kinda think I will get one "just because" but would feel better if I knew it would do everything at once.

Rico

Reply to
Rico