Herman Miller furniture

Does your body change shape drastically often, that this would be a daily thing you'd have to change?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Those are cows. You appear to be working in a Far Side cartoon. Don't let the dark glasses and the Ben & Jerry's T-shirts fool you.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ahhh... A "blanket party"?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I'm sitting in one right now. Quite comfortable. It has a zillion adjustments though--perhaps you had a crucial one wrong. Or maybe just the wrong size--they come in three.

Reply to
J. Clarke

For size anyway. Plenty of other adjustments though.

That's kind of what pushed me off center to get an Aeron--I had had an Ergon that I bought used--it was actually a composite of an Ergon seat and the base off another brand that the store had put together. The stand finally went bust and I went through three Staples chairs before deciding that I'd already spent enough on crap chairs to pay for an Aeron and if I was going to pay for another I might as well be sitting in it.

One place I did some computer work I sat in a particular chair that seemed familiar. Tipped it up and sure enough it was a genuine Ergon among all the cheap junk. I told the person who normally sat in it what she had--she was kind of surprised to know that she was sitting in a better chair than the CEO.

Reply to
J. Clarke

FWIW, mine is apparently a real rarity--it's rosewood with blue leather--I asked HM what it would cost to replace it with the exact same and they told me that they can't--apparently it was a custom job.

Price new on an Eames is around $4K IIRC.

Still popular chairs and appear regularly as props on TV and in movies. Noticed a couple of them in the shrink's office on Joan of Arcadia tonight.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, blue is unusual, IME.

I've seen it on a number of shows over the years. It's inconic.

Reply to
igor

I have just been hit by said cow-orker, who tells me he is not, in fact, a cow. He's from Iowa, so he would know, I guess. Maybe he's a pear.

Dave "About to get hit again, I bet" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Naah, psychological means are more effective, and don't get one fired.

Dave "Er, so I've heard, that is" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Maybe the potato-shaped Unix guy is from Idaho ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How did you know I was a Unix guy? (hm...) Ah yes, we've met in another context. Funny how that works. But yeah, he's more pear (read: potoato shape plus settling).

Reply to
Dave Hinz