Help Please! Over my head (long)

"Methods of Work-- Routers" by Taunton Press and _any_thing by Pat Warner are worth their weight in Bubinga. You _can_ produce quality work with a circular saw, router, and some determination. Good luck.

Michael Baglio Chapel Hill

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Andy Dingley spaketh...

site has info on many common hardwoods

Oh I don't know Andy, I've known people with lots of experience that shouldn't buy it either. It's a lot less expensive, more common and easier to work than cherry or walnut. Pine is cheaper, but a lot harder to work with, IMO.

It's called luan and frequently used on cheap hollow core interior doors

His wife wants to show off. Personally, I think he should just buy her the box, but I guess we all start somewhere.

Reply to
McQualude

Larry Jaques spaketh...

Do yuppies ride horses?

Reply to
McQualude

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:26:09 GMT, McQualude pixelated:

Not around here. They just buy them and let them roam around pastures all lonely-like. But they like the "We're like British Lords and Ladies" status symbol of equine ownership. Weird, wot?

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

For anyone still tuned in to this, I went Friday and bought a Dozuki saw, a couple chisels, a Veritas sharpening guide, marking gauge, Starret combo square plus some other odds and ends. I also bout the Complete Guide to Sharpening, Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking and the Treasure Chests book recommended below. Oh, and a Video on hand cut dovetails plus some pine to practice on. I spent much of yesterday reading about proper sharpening and then picked up some 1000 and 2000 grit wet paper. I've been playing around with it this morning and I've got a pretty good lap on the back of one of my chisels now. I'm still trying to figure out when I've gone far enough on the bevel though. I think I'll ask about that in a new post though. I don't think I'm going to get this done within my budget but I do think I've got a plan to make a nice chest now. Thanks again for all the ideas!

-Chris

Reply to
cshaw