Help Please, Hinge search

Earlier this year I bought some 1/2" partial wrap around hinges for

1/2" full inset doors. Now I need more and all I can find are for 3/4" doors. Any suggestions?

Rob

Reply to
robs-wood

Unfortunatly, I cannot remember where I got the hinges before and when I do google search all I get are 3/4" hinges.

Reply to
robs-wood

I bet these folks have got what you are looking for.

Pat Barber

LeeValley has a good selection of hardware.... and tools

Tvfarmer

Mike, at the risk of sounding ungratefull, the search that you suggested was exactly the search that I used, and it appears that there are tons of hinges, however when you click on the links you will find that they are links to hinges for 3/4" doors. This is another case of Google providing bad information. It appears the the google search engine is ignoring the 1/2" portion of the search.

Reply to
robs-wood

Thanks Mike, I guess I didn't accurately say what I am looking for. What I need is a partial wrap hinge for a 1/2" thick full inset door.

Reply to
robs-wood

I have to agree about ignoring the 1/2, although Mike's followup is good info. I have noticed that google has become less selective and tries to offer you something that might be close. Seems like google has taken a step back.. When google first came out there engine was dead on pinpoint accurate, while yahoo and excite were like google today. I miss the old google.

Reply to
woodchucker

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:11:35 -0400, woodchucker

That might well be because there's so many more websites available now as compared to when Google first came out.

I frequently find myself putting quotation marks around my query words in order to narrow down the searches to exact phrases.

Reply to
none

Given the near universiality of 3/4" doors, I think you are going to have extreme difficulty finding a hinge of the type you want made for a thinner door.

Any suggestions?

Yes. Use a hinge for a 3/4 door and pad it out 1/4" on the back side. Either as a narow strip along the hinge side or just as a pad under the hinge.

Reply to
dadiOH

I don't know hinges much beyond re-hanging a door but do you mean something like this?

Overlay/dp/B000I22LUM

or

Overlay/sim/B000PD24CY/2

or these

or (sorry the following's a Canadian link but USA should have them I guess)

Search results from

(uses google but I like it better) using search criteria

hinge half inch partial wrap

Reply to
phorbin

I wish that were the truth, but the search engine has evolved over time with them. They push the sites that pay first. They used to push the most frequently visited sites. They also have tried figuring out what you might be wanting, not what you are wanting. Some of this seems to be based on your search history, and geographic location.

It is still a good search engine, but it has lost some of hits accuracy.

Reply to
woodchucker

Do a google search again and when the result pages come up click on "Images" at the top of the screen.

Reply to
willshak

On 9/21/2013 9:11 PM, woodchucker wrote: ...

Much has to do w/ paid content skewing results to the top I think...combined with the advent of other 'bots that are used to foist "hits" to enhance sites' ordering in search results.

The explosion of content is a part of it as well as others have mentioned altho not convinced that's the key part...

Reply to
dpb

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I finally found where I got the hinges from it was http//

Rob

Reply to
robs-wood