Help: Phillips screw 1/2 inch from the wall

I have one of those floating around, great for removing screw driver head screws.

Reply to
Leon

ed in the corner of the room. It is mounted using vertical cleats, with sma ll head, longish phillips screws about 1/2 inch from the wall and in tight spaces (going in sideways). If I had full access with my drill driver, no p roblem. Out in a second. But the diameter of my drill driver won't let me g et the bit flush with the screw. If I angle it, I'll strip it, and there's not enough room anyway. They are in there really good, and they are longish , and I've had no luck getting enough pressure on an offset screwdriver to get it done manually.

Well, we've probably reach the "splitting of hairs" point in this discussio n, but that's OK. ;-)

All the bits that came with my impact driver begin with the letters CRV, as in Chrome Vanadium.

While more brittle than Chrome Molybdenum (and also cheaper) CR-V is technically "rated" for impact duty, just maybe not the best choice.

Since I now need to replace the #3 PH bit, I'll be looking for some CR-MO bits so as to avoid the (earth) shattering experience of yesterday ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Often the bits, blades, etc. that come with a tool are not the ones you would want to use. ;~(

Reply to
Leon

The subject was about removing stripped screws in wood.

Reply to
Leon

As Yogi once said "It's deja vu all over again." ;-)

Didn't you say the same thing on July 8th?

Reply to
DerbyDad03