Help Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw

Finished with rebuilding the above to give to my son-in-law. Over 30 hours of rust removal, lubrication and adjustments and free upgrade kit. Problem with the electronics.

History: Purchased saw used in 2005. Electronics worked except for one axis. Never used, sat in unheated shop in wet Oregon. Now, upon assembly, I noticed that the electronics is dead, even with new battery. While I would never use it myself (prefer pocket tape) the kid might enjoy it. Have the users and parts manuals with all the diagrams. Sears only sells common hardware for this saw today. ($6 for common screw, plus shipping).

Anybody have a source for a electronic schematic for the encoders and printed circuit board? I am fairly familiar with electronic repairs (from the old tube days) and feel confident I could fix this if I had a schematic.

All suggestions would be appreciated. I realize this is not a very pro RAS group, but, I love restoring old machinery. 1/2 inch Craftsman Shaper is the next project. Another tool nobody wants.

Ivan Vegvary Sandy, Oregon

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Ivan Vegvary wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If no one here can help you, head on over to the Home Shop Machinist BBS:

They have a few electronics guys over there that should be able to walk you through what to look for.

Usually, electronics troubleshooting without documentation starts with making sure power is getting where it should.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

If the model# starts with 113 it was built by Emerson, they might be of help.

Reply to
Markem

Problem solved. Not used to the Style J 6V Battery. Did not have it snapped in all the way. EMBARASSING !!!

All functions work. Thanks everyone.

Ivan Vegvary, Sandy, Oregon

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Thanks for be humble enough to admit the root cause and save people from trying to find the documentation. Glad it was such an easy fix.

Reply to
DerbyDad03