Heard some interesting news - was wondering if its true

A guy at the shop said there is a quickly growing shortage of real mahogany due to a world wide ban on it - is this true

Reply to
Damned if i know

I doubt it. I buy it by the bundle (500-700bf) from a place near the Gulf coast that owns their own managed forests in South America. I was just there at the yard last month and they had tens of thousands of board feet of genuine mahogany. And the price was cheaper than last November ($2.50BF then, $1.95BF last month).

Bob

Reply to
bob

do you mean by "real"?

Reply to
mttt

that's why I've been buying fake mahogany recently. looks almost like the "real" thing.

dave

Damned if i know wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave