Hardwood in Dallas, Texas

My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx (formerly Austin) Hardwoods. I drove by there last week and they had closed. I went over to Hardwood Lumber and they have moved and downsized to just a minimal selection. Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when my wood pushers start closing, this economy has gone too far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there any place left in the Dallas area where I can a wide variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Hardwood Lumber has moved? Not good. What about Austin Hardwoods?

Reply to
brian_j_roth

Central Hardwoods

2605 Rodney Dallas, TX 75229 972-241-3571

Just off Denton Dr. about a mile south of 635.

They are a wholesale distributor and will sell 50bd ft of hardwood and single sheets of plywood. I suggest you call first as they have a "will call" desk but I do not think they take walk in orders.

Brian n Garland

Sorry for the top posting. I'll try again.

Central Hardwoods

2605 Rodney Dallas, TX 75229 972-241-3571

Just off Denton Dr. about a mile south of 635.

They are a wholesale distributor and will sell 50bd ft of hardwood and single sheets of plywood. I suggest you call first as they have a "will call" desk but I do not think they take walk in orders.

Brian n Garland

Closed as of January 5th according to the sign on the door.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Austin is closed too? Or Hardwood closed Jan 5?

Reply to
brian_j_roth

Austin closed, Hardwood moved.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

This is truly a sad day for me....

Reply to
brian_j_roth

Douglas Johnson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm in the same boat as you, they were also my source. A little searching turned up Central Hardwoods. They're located a few blocks from where Blue Linx used to be but I haven't had a chance to investigate yet. There's also Brazos Forest Products off of 360 but the selection is sorely lacking. If you find a decent supplier please post back for the benefit of others.

Larry

Reply to
Larry