Hardware - What's it called?

It's got a machine screw on one side and a lag screw on the other. I have a dining table that has them and I figured one would be a good, ah, screw for a taper jig; i.e. lag the one side into the board, thread the wingnut onto the machine side.

Thanks.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

Hanger bolt.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

And the answer is.........Hanger Bolts! see Rockler for pix & description:

hanger bolt driver looks like a slick deal if you are going to use a bunch of the things. Jam nuts and vise grips are loads of fun too. Any hardware or borg _should_ have the bolts.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

Always called those "hanger bolts"