Harbor freight sander question

I am interested in a bench sander and I see one at HF for 69 bucks. Its a central machinery combination 4" Belt and 6" disk sander model No.36402-1VGA Is this a good product? will it be worth the purchase?

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

If it can track a belt and not bog down under the weight of it's own belt or mild pressure.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

The sander its self is as good as most, maybe a little more robust construction, but the table and miter gage are crap.

No.36402-1VGA

Reply to
Keith

Had one a while back. Worked fine for about 1 1/2 years then the bushings in the drive drum wore out. Cost me $2.00 too replace them with parts from a local hardware store. Kept it for another year before selling it for $25. Got my money's worth and it sanded and that's what I bought it for.

No.36402-1VGA

Reply to
Vic Baron

No, and no!

Reply to
Phisherman

I don't buy anything off them anymore since they refused to honor their guarantee on my bandsaw. I'd rather pay a little more to buy off an honest business than buy crap off crooks. If you are comfortable buying off crooks go ahead. Ronald.

Reply to
Ronald Caudill

OK, I get the message. I will look elsewhere

Thanks for the input

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:20:59 GMT, "Searcher" brought forth from the murky depths:

$80, might work for you.

--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage -

Dynamic Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's the same sander that Harbor Freight sells. Either that or it's kissin cousin. Hard to believe that it could be appreciably better than the Harbor Freight version. Especially at that price.

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

I've owned this unit for about 2 1/2 years without any real problems. As someone else mentioned, the tables don't lock in place very well but I don't think this problem is unique to the HF sander -- I think most of these smaller units are all designed about the same.

Lance

Reply to
Lance Spaulding

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:18:05 GMT, "John Emmons" brought forth from the murky depths:

Griz has QC people at the factory and they check the machines here as well. I have 3 other Griz machines and haven't had a single problem with any of them. (And I'm actually USING them this year, yabunchadoubters.)