Hand Planer / Opinions

I'm just starting to look at getting an electric hand held planer. Surfing around the net I found this Bosch 3365 on sale for $100, which suits me pricewise.

opinions or recommendations on a good hand planer for a recreational woodworker?

Reply to
KIMOSABE

I've had that model for the 5 or so years and I'm pleased with it. The only odd thing is that the front round knob is the depth-of-cut adjustment, so you have to be carefull not to turn it, if holding on to it while cutting.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have a Bosch, but I don't use it for fine woodworking.

It's great on a jobsite, for planing doors, fixing bad framing for trim, window, and door jamb installation, flushing door jambs and window frames, fitting scribe boards, and fitting replacement floor boards. It doesn't need a real bench to hold the work.

I've never taken in out in the shop.

Reply to
B A R R Y