Hall Seat plan?

I am looking for a Hall Seat plan...

So far I've only found the one on the New YankeeWorkshop but my friend don't like it..... She want it to be in pine and a bit wider than Norm's with a bigger mirror.

Thanks

Reply to
Mike

How good are you at plan designing. I ask because I have a partial design for a bench seat that could be modified into a hall seat. Just a thought

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Does she like the style? If so, you just add the same dimension to the horizontal pices and you have a wider seat. Everyplace it says oak, cross it out and write in pine.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Wasn't there one in a book on Mission Furniture? Small book, about 5 x 7" and and inch or so thick.

Reply to
Jim Polaski

Isn't that illegal?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:02:35 GMT, Jim Polaski brought forth from the murky depths:

Yes. Lee Valley has it now, too. Popular Mechanics "Mission Furniture: How to make it" $7.95

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:09:55 -0600, Dave Balderstone brought forth from the murky depths:

Yes, pine should be illegal. That and poly. And stain. Don't forget stain. And Delta gray paint.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

that could be great since at first she wanted a bench.......but then she saw a picture of a pine hall chair/bench with a large miror at the back of it....with an under seat compartment. She really like it...But the joinery seem suspicious to me....I think it has only 3/4" pine structure which leave me with the impression that it can be weak at the corner without a stronger tenon/mortise....So that is why I am looking for a good plan....to be sure I will have a durable chair/bench :-)

you can send it at mike snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca Thanks

Reply to
Mike

I second the argument that spackle does indeed rule. Its just fun to say. Spackle spackle spackle. Look at me spackle. I'm spackling. Its spackalicious. Spackle dackle doo.

Reply to
rob