Had a good day

I've been on vacation all week and finally got the router table built. The top is off Norm's plans but the cabinet is just a basic mdf cabinet with a large open space at top for dust collection and bottom for a large drawer. I put the Bosch 1617EVS in it so now needed another hand router. Wife took me to Lowes ( my birthday) and bought me the Dewalt DW616PK, I wanted to get the PC-8529 but they were out of them. Mainly I wanted a plunge router and the gal at Lowes said I had 30 days to bring it back for a refund or exchange.

Reply to
Mike S.

Interested to hear, did you use the Deluxe Router Station plans or the old ones? Just got my Deluxe Router Station Plan (sans video) and was curious to see how you like it.

Reply to
Creamy Goodness

I like it pretty well, I ordered the plan (they sent me the newest one) and had the video from taping it off tv. I made the top 26X36. I got the T-slots from Rockler, they had them by one get one free. As far as materials, including 2 sheets of 3/4 mdf and one sheet 1/2 mdf, misc hardware and paint including what I bought at Rockler I probably have about $130 in it. I used the mdf for top and cabinet. It sure beats the old Craftsman table and router I had. Only one real slipup was when I routed out for the insert I got it just a hair, maybe 1/16th to big and the insert will move a little. I picked up everything but the specialty hardware (t-tracks) from Lowes. I forgot to get the router switch that mounts on the outside of the cabinet so I used a couple of handy boxes and used a 20 amp light switch and 20 amp outlet. The formica was free, check local cabinet shops for scraps.

Reply to
Mike S.

Been wanting to get something to work with the rails on my TS. Sort of like an insert I can slide on, then take off and hang on the wall if needed. Was thinking about doing this sans the cabinet, but then again, I might just build it on casters, so I can wheel it around.

And if I read you correctly, you used MDF for the cabinet as well? How well did that work?

Reply to
Creamy Goodness

Yes I built the cabinet out of MDF, Lowes had it for about $17. a sheet for

3/4. Used the router to cut dado's for the bottom & middle shelf and rabbit for the back panel. I glued and screwed the shelves and back on, also I glued and screwed short 2x4's to the bottom of the insides of the cabinet and drove in the t-nuts and levelers. I primed the outside with BIN and painted it. I'll try and take a few pics tomorrow and post it on abpw.
Reply to
Mike S.