Grizzly nailers

anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 - comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be for "recreational" use in a home shop.

Comments appreciated.

Reply to
Walsh

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:50:26 -0400, the opaque "Walsh" spake:

For "rec" use, why not get one of the $15 Harbor Fright 18ga nailers?

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Comprehensive Website Development ============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just got one for 22 bucks....the H6332 1 1/4 18g brad nailer.. been using it for less then a month! Works fine!

I bought it on a dare, and it works great shot about 500 nails or so, I like it!!!

Joe

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

I have a Griz finish nailer. I seem to have trouble driving the long 2 inch nails but it does OK with the shorter ones.

I also bought a Harbor Freight framing nailer and have had good luck with it.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

I have one of their very early models---maybe five years old now? Never had a problem with it. We use it in our vintage trailer restoration business.

AZCRAIG

cm

What kind of trouble? Nails deflecting? Not going all the way in? Bending?

Reply to
Upscale

There is a lot of difference between 15 gauge finished nails and 18 gauge brads.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:04:25 GMT, the opaque "George E. Cawthon" spake:

I mentioned the 18ga for two reasons. First, it's 1/7th the price. Second, since he wants a -finish- nailer, 18ga or smaller is the way to go. 15ga puts a bigger honkin' hole in the wood. There should be no significant difference for "recreational" use.

Besides, I HATE large "finish" nails, having had to remove trim from built-in furniture in several houses and having had several pieces break on me.

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have a HF 18 gauge brad nailer and it works well (the one I have takes brads less than 1-1/2" long. There are many occasions, however, when I wish I had a nailer that takes 1-3/4" to 2" nails. An

18 gage brad nailer won't nail a 3/4" piece to another piece worth a damn. Still need that old 3 times the thickness rule for good nailing.
Reply to
George E. Cawthon

So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99. ;)

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have mentioned this here before. I ran into a fellow about a year ago who started a finish trimming business with a couple of HF nailers - (#18 brad and #15 finish). He figured they would get him through the cash-strapped part of starting up. He said he always mentioned them in an apologetic manner but the #^!*@ things wouldn't wear out. He showed them to me and they were a little beat up but he said they always worked for him.

Reply to
RonB

Not going all the way in even though the air compressor had a full charge, sometimes sticking in the gun requiring alot of fancy footwork to get the gun off the nail. I don't seem to have this problem with the shorter nails though.

The nails came with the gun and are the same angle as the ones I buy at the air tool shop.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

You would mention that! I need SPACE!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:34:29 GMT, the opaque "George E. Cawthon" spake:

So sell the old one on Ebay. Bids might even go up to $30.

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

mine this morning. I have a PC framing nailer, a PC 16g finish, and two HF guns. They all work quite well! No jams yet.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy