10" Grizzly G1022 experience?

Saw an ad for a used 10" Grizzly G1022, anyone have experience/recommendation on this item?

Reply to
Jonathan Gilmore

Got mine last year and it is a fine saw. These arn't available any more and were sold for ~325 bucks last year so unless the saw has after market upgrades it should sell for less than 300 I would guess. Who knows though the new Grizz contradtors saw is more expensive so maybe these guys hold there value. Doesn't matter to me though cause I'm keeping mine (Should let you know how I feel about it). I did add the cast iron wings to it though......JD

experience/recommendation on

Reply to
woodguy

I like mine. It originally came with stamped steel wings, but one of them was malformed and I couldn't get it installed flat. Grizzly let me upgrade to the cast wings for the price difference.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Used one for two years and used it pretty hard. Then sold it to a friend who used it to build a house and is now doing the finish work with it. I'd hate to guess how many board feet have been through that saw. I heard last week it gave up the ghost because my friend said he was pushing some 2x through it and saw some smoke come up from the motor but it didn't quit. He said from that point, it didn't start nearly as quick. It's wired at 220 and I thought he possibly blew the start capacitor. He decided to look underneith and saw it was jamed up with sawdust. After he cleaned it out, it's apparantly working as good as the day he got it. Good saw.

Don

experience/recommendation on

Reply to
D. J. Dorn