Ridgid Nailers

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great. Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

Reply to
Wally

Wally wrote in news:0r2kb1h3b2b2ur25k28l4r7pkapofcc1bm@

4ax.com:

I looked for them on three different trips to different HD stores, and could not find them here in the SF Bay Area.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I'm impressed with the Rigid Power tools I have....

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Patriarch wrote in news:Xns967DBF3A5940patriarchatcomcastdo@216.196.97.136:

> [...]

Update: Went to HD this evening for (more) ceramic tiling supplies, and took the wife along. Passing the tool corral, she asked of there was anything I needed to do the base, trim and crown, as well as build out the custom closet we've planned. New project, new tool.

They had the new Ridgid nailers. We looked, and SWMBO asked the pointed question: "Why is the Orange one any better than the Porter Cable? It's $43 more. And all your other stuff is Porter Cable, no?"

The warranty, and a capability to set the (16 ga) finish nailer to autofire. And a mag body. But the nailer was so 'secured' to the bench that doing a weight comparison was impossible. They must have quite a shrinkage problem.

We bought another PC. FN250B? Straight nose, 16 ga finish nailer. $157 on sale.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Nice pickup. Havent used the Rigid nailers as yet but the PC's have been reliable for me. Might be time to review a ridgid nailer :-)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

our tool survey, Win $200!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander

- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler

- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage

- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System

- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge

- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)

www

Wow I went to one im my area and that was all they had. I live in the Philadelphia area.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

I'll stick to the PC. The only other hand power tools I own are Milwaukee's.

20 power hand tools with only two different manufactures. I don't have anything bad to say about either. But the Rigid sure looks nice, that would last a week on my job sites. Why cause they get used !!!!! My PC 14.4 cordless drill gets used everyday and I haven't had a problem with it in over 2 years when it was new. It looks like hell but keeps tork'in screws and the batteries keep chargin. Now thats true tested and built to last. I would not trade it except for maybe that new Milwaukee 19 volt with the new and improved batteries.

Love these guys that test tools in a perfect environment. Try asking the guys that use them everyday and see what kind of review you get. Bet half of what they is good would be tossed out the second story window within an hour.

Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg