Grizzly GO538 OSS

I made some cracks about Grizzly quality a day or two ago. I had just ordered a GO538 OSS, their lowest-priced model.

It arrived and I've been trying it out.

It works just fine, the quality is really pretty good for the price, about $119 which is a bit more than the Ryobi.

Sure it's heavily plasticized, have to expect that. At least it's a more appealing (to me) design, square and green+white, vs the Ryobi's pregnant oyster done in speckly plastic appearance.

SWMBO says the grease is kind of smelly which is true, a persistent petroleum smell. Heck. Think I'll give Grizzly a few more chances.

james snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

I've been seriously thinking about adding that one to my current Grizzly lineup - what do you think of how it works and how much does the spindle travel vertically?

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

Hi Don,

Not much travel, only 5/8". I should think this would be enough 'cause its over the full length of the sanding sleeve. Still, it's less than I expected.

This is the very first one I've ever used. Anyway, the motion is nice and smooth, stuff like that. Good for the price, I think.

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

Thank you - I'll order one this evening. Seems the bench models are limited in their vertical movement.

djd

Reply to
V.E. Dorn