Grizzly G1029Z Dust Collector - Progress report

I mentioned that I had ordered ther G1029Z and a couple of you were interested in how well it gets delivered, so:

Aug 11 - Wed evening, Ordered collector online.

Aug 13 - 9:30 AM Confirmation email received that order was shipped from Springfield, Mo. Estimated delivery August 18. Shipped by Overnite. Also receive another confirmation email of 2 "Free Items for the

1029". I expected the seperator lid but have no idea what the second item is, perhaps the .3 micron bag is being shipped separately. Oh, and a catalogue was shipped.
Reply to
Gary

Must not have been in stock in Springfield. We live about 250 to 300 miles West of Springfield. I ordered my 1023s cabinet saw via their web page one evening and 36 hours later I got a call to pick it up at the local trucking depot. Been pretty happy with them.

Regarding the freebe, do the offer a "gift" with that size of purchase? When I bout the saw they offered a list of items from which you could select up to a value - I think it was $50 for a $800 purchase.

Ron

Reply to
RonB

Love those catalogs. Great reading material for the throne room. My wish book. Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I bought the 8027 and my freebies were a Dust Collection Basics book, a throw-away plastic combination square and a free plan for some yard art, IIRC

Reply to
patrick conroy

August 13 - ~2:30 Received a voicemail from local Overnite terminal here in central Virginia stating that they carrier had picked up the shipment and expected receipt on Wednesday, Aug 18 and wanted to make arrangements for delivery. (What a great service).

Reply to
gary

August 16 - ~12:00 noon Received a phone call from Overnite wanting to arrange a delivery time. I ask if they had it at their terminal and the lady said she did. I was looking for an excuse to drive over to the valley (Waynesboro, VA) anyway, so drove over and picked it up.

And so, not counting the order day since I ordered online late at night, it took FOUR and one half days, two of which were weekend days, from filling the order in Springfield , Mo. to deliver in Waynesboro, Virginia. I think that's pretty remarkable.

I assembled the collector this afternoon. Took about an hour. Excellent workmanship. Only fault I have is the two posts that hold the cyclone are pretty flimsy. Too bad they didn't add a third leg to make it more stable.

Gary

Reply to
Gary