Griz G0444Z CS - opinions?

I am, this week, finalizing my TS purchase decision. Are there any users of the new Grizz contractor G0444Z? What do you like about it? Dislike about it? Your opinions of the Aluma-Classic fence? My alternate choices are the Delta CS with either Bies or Unifence, the Grizz 1023 cabinet saw, or the Powermatic CS. Digging that I can save around $300 and basically pay for a jointer or planer if I get the G0444Z.

Any guidance from experienced owners is appreciated.

Thanks, Dave in Dallas.

Reply to
Dave & Tricia Claghorn

Hi Dave, check in to the General Builders saw, I ordered one today, heard it was the same saw as the PM CS, but a better price. Check

Getting mine from J. Redmond in Atlanta, price is $649 + $65.00 shipping to Knoxville, TN.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I've heard the G0444Z is a nice saw. I have owned the Griz G1022 as my first and liked it allot, the G0444Z is a much improved version. That said, if a G1023 is in your budget and will only delay the jointer or planer, I say get that. I have a G1023SL and like it allot - it's powerful, has a smaller footprint than the CS and the TS is generally the centerpiece of any shop so make it count. If I was going to stick with a CS, I wouldn't hesitate to get another Griz in the G0444Z over the others you mentioned. I think the others are fine saws too, but I don't think they offer as much value for the $. My .02.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

Dave, Pal o mine just took delivery of the G0444Z and I would definitely recommend it. Fit and finish were excellent, and motor runs very strong. I am comparing it to my Delta Contractors saw. The fence is a very beefy Bies clone with nice replaceable aluminum faces. For the price, I think its a steal. FYI, I have never used a cabinet saw, so I can't compare to that. But, the delivery, price and finish of it finalized my decision to go with Grizz for my upcoming Jointer purchase.

-Rob

Reply to
rob

Dave,

I have the G0444Z and love it. It was my step up from a Craftsman. It was easy to set up, true and quickly up and running. I am happy with the fence and everything else. Let me know if you have other questions.

Wr, Tim Email me direct at tgrohrer(at)metbymail(dot)com if desired.

Reply to
Tim Rohrer

Have you ran across this link?:

Don