Griz Wiring Prob

Bart,

I had to replace the switch on my Griz shaper. The one I purchased from Griz wasn't even vaguely similar to the original and their tech support was as clueless as I was!

I ultimately had to physically examine both switches and use an ohm meter to try to determine how the contacts within both switch were configured. Then I was able to get the new switch installed.

Since the shaper motor can be switched to run either direction it was more complicated than yours should be since yours is only an on/off switch.

Careful examination may make it obvious once you resort to accepting the reality that Griz will be of no help!

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Snip

Could you PLEASE post by replying to the group vs. starting a new post that does not reference anything that you are responding too?

You are basically wasting you time and effort by answering posts this way.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Don,

I was thinking that there were a few extra contacts inside the box and that the Grizzly stuff was pretty common, so I'd seek a simple explanation from someone that had one.

Right, unless somebody comes through, I'll grab the multimeter and sniff around in there.

Bart

Reply to
bfay