Gorilla Ladder at Home Depot

In this weeks circular Home Depot has a multi position 13' Gorilla Ladder for 89.00. Anyone know of the quality of this. I want to use in to install moldings in the stairwells of my home as well as other misc. jobs. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Reply to
MikeS

On another forum, a poster had bought the Little Giant ladder for $198. This is the system you see on informercials. His neighbor bought the Gorilla ladder at Home Depot for about $90. The poster borrowed the neighbors ladder and with a side-by-side comparison he said that they were identical. See

Lawrence L'Hote

LOML decided that we needed a new step ladder. I guess she is lacking that something feeling that made the Wright brothers successful. Anyway, we bought a Gorilla 6' mainly because it had a tray and the other brand didn't. It seems quite sturdy and reasonably well made. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I have the Gorilla and the Little Giant. The Little Giant several years longer.

A side from the bottom support brackets welded in a position that requires me to wiggle, bounce, fiddle, finagle, and hold my mouth in various ways to get the extended sides of the ladder to fully retract with out binding and one of the hinged locks that needs to be manually set each time the ladder seems to be of equal quality.

Reply to
Leon

Are either (or both) manufactured in the U.S.?

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

I have the 20-foot Gorilla. A side-by-side comparison with the $450 Little Giant shows my Gorilla to be three-feeet longer and $250 less expensive and built along the same order. (Both ladders are solidly made.)

As far as short step dadders go, I like the Cosco I bought at Wally Whirled. It's one of the safest and most comfort-inspiring step ladders I've ever gone up on -- and the big "paint tray" on it is useful.

Reply to
Steve