good corded small trim saw

I have a Mag 77 and its powerful and heavy but not good for detail work - for me anyway. My cordless trim saw is perfect but I run out of battery juice before running out or projects. I'm looking for a good small corded trim circular saw, so any suggestions on a brand and make?

Reply to
Fred

Porter-Cable used to make a gear driven 4-4-1/2", but I don't think they carry that any more. It was wonderful, but pricey. It's possible their Sawboss (6" sidewinder)will do what you want. I forget the exact weight, but it is well under 10 pounds, probably half what your Mag 77 is or even less.

Reply to
Charlie Self

| Fred wrote: || I have a Mag 77 and its powerful and heavy but not good for detail || work - for me anyway. My cordless trim saw is perfect but I run || out of battery juice before running out or projects. I'm looking || for a good small corded trim circular saw, so any suggestions on a || brand and make? | | Porter-Cable used to make a gear driven 4-4-1/2", but I don't think | they carry that any more. It was wonderful, but pricey. It's | possible their Sawboss (6" sidewinder)will do what you want. I | forget the exact weight, but it is well under 10 pounds, probably | half what your Mag 77 is or even less.

Porter-Cable offers factory-reconditioned 314R trim saws at

The pricing is obscene; but it's a great little saw.

Morris Dovey

The model 314 is still available. Its $219 at Amazon.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I wonder what the difference between the 314R and 314 is? They sound like identical saws (including worm drive). the recon 314R is $192. The new 314 is $219. Where's the beef?

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Probably no real difference - I suspect "R" stands for reconditioned.

Morris Dovey

It's a great little saw and there are times I wish I still had mine. But the pricing may be because it's made in the U.S.A., not China or Brazil or Malaysia or Mexico or Taiwan or S. Korea or Burma (whatever the hell they're calling it now) or...

Reply to
Charlie Self

Morris Dovey wrote:

Reply to
nailshooter41

Look here

Reply to
Leon

The 4 1/2 " PC model is great. You can find good deals on eBay.

Reply to
news.east.cox.net

Must be Fred doesn't watch "Nahm". I think that saw is his 2nd favorite, right behind the brad nailer.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I would if they show it on cable TV. Missed all the othe woodshop shows too, they just don't show it anymore. Oh, I remember now he does pick up that little circular thing quite often including the biscuit joiner. Funny watching a big guy with a little saw. I got my air nailers and biscuit joiner from watching Norm a few years back, so cool to have new toys.

Reply to
Fred

'S funny, we're on cable and get him(well, once a week). The new ones are on PBS on Sat. afternoon. You're right though, HGTV doesn't have him any more.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow