Glueing acrylic to brass / wood

I have googled but don't seem to be able to come up with a definitive answer.

What should I be using to glue acrylic to brass or wood.

It's for some small woodworking jigs - needs to be fairly strong but it won't be subject to heavy loads etc

Many thanks, Roy. (UK)

Reply to
RzB

Charles Spitzer

Something other than brass. Epoxy will easily glue acrylic or wood, but brass is always a problem. Clean it well and degrease with acetone or similar beforehand.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Tho there are many powerful contact adhesives that will glue the hell out of the sandwich you suggest, I wouldn't do it. With the exception of MDF with AC. on both sides, wood or ply will go nuts with AC on one side; expect a pretzle. Brass will not be a problem. There are plenty of materials for jigs that don't need laminating.

(Routers)

I have googled but don't seem to be able

Reply to
Routerman P. Warner

To make jigs and fixtures, the fewer dissimilar materials you use, the better.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett