Gloat

Took SWMBO to Woodworking show here today....left with an invoice for Unisaw with Beis fence

15" Planer 8" Jointer Tenoning Jig,

and several miscelaneous parts..

I luvs her

yuk yuk... now the real work starts - getting rid of old tools, and finding room for new, assembly, fettling, and then sawdust..

:-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Richardson

Why, she paying? I need a wife with income like that.

Reply to
Bruce

As partners, I believe she has a right to be a part of it. Most of my projects are for her, and our kids, and soon to arrive grandkid. And she isn't my wife because she has a high income...;)..

Mike

Reply to
Mike Richardson

Sat, May 15, 2004, 9:24am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@spam.me.not.bigpond.net.au (Mike=A0Richardson) claims: Took SWMBO to Woodworking show here today....left with an invoice for Unisaw with Beis fence

15" Planer 8" Jointer Tenoning Jig, and several miscelaneous parts..

Great swap, a definite gloat.

However, if for some reason you paid money for that stuff, instead of swapping the wife for it, that's not a gloat, that's just a brag. Check the archives for the rules on gloats.

JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

"Hit it." - Joliet Jake

Reply to
J T

Big laff - you got the subtlety Joat... gj

:-)

15" Planer 8" Jointer Tenoning Jig, and several miscelaneous parts..

Great swap, a definite gloat.

However, if for some reason you paid money for that stuff, instead of swapping the wife for it, that's not a gloat, that's just a brag. Check the archives for the rules on gloats.

JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

"Hit it." - Joliet Jake

Reply to
Mike Richardson

By Sun, 16 May 2004 09:06:17 GMT, "Mike Richardson" decided to post "Re: Gloat" to rec.woodworking:

Oh, I don't know. It depends: are we talking about wife v.1.0? or 2.0?

Reply to
/..

Be careful there --- you may be approaching an act of "tourism" with that command. Certainly, your evil-typer finger prints are being double checked by Tom Ridge et al. Also, didn't you mean rm -rf? ... no sense in fooling around with permissions.

OBWW: President Carter is known for doing some nice woodworking. One might guess that many of the very old presidents could/would have done some too. Who was the best president judged solely on the furniture he built? Jefferson was great at design but did he ever actually build anything himself?

hex

-30-

Reply to
hex

By 26 May 2004 06:12:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (hex) decided to post "Re: Gloat" to rec.woodworking:

-f ... good point. Just used to recursive dumps as root. {ooh, did I say that out loud???}

Best presidential woodworker? Sorry, haven't a clue. I will claim that most of the presidents this country has had have had, at the very least, the best interests of this country, and hopefully, the rest of the world in mind in much of what they have done or attempted. I'm dubious about whether this trend continues today....

/..

Reply to
/..