General international 50-185

Well I got my new TS on Thursday, and broke the box open shortly after. I had the saw on base within 2-3 hours. As atated in an earlier post, the dealer is at the WW show this weekend and brought the saw up with him. Everything fit like a glove so far. Then I noticed both of the cast iron wings were missing. I called the dealer and told him about the missing parts. He said he would try to locate some and give me a call back later that night. Today(SAT) I broke open the rails and started to install them without the wings. I realized I was given the

30" rails instead of the 52" as was ordered. Another call to the dealer. This time I got his voicemail and left a message. I looked at the reciept and it listed the purchase as a 50-185 M1(30" rails). I was told by this dealer that the 50-185L M1(52" rails) was $749, but would price match a quote from another dealer which was $699, the normal price of the 30" rail saw. I have not mentioned the name of the buisiness because I want to give them time to correct the problems, and understanding that they have a busy weekend at the WW Show. My gut is saying there is going to be a battle for the 52" rails. I hope not.

Other that the current issues, the saw is more than I expected. All the research I did prior to deciding on the GI paid off in fit and finish. Now if I can get the rest of the parts i'll be on my way to a great start to a great hobby!

If the dealer doesn't make good on the issues, I will post the name of the dealer and salesperson.

Rick

Reply to
RampRat

Just before that step, you might tell him that you're going to post this information. The threat of negative publicity might assist you.

Reply to
Upscale

Power to the posters! I'm not posting just to bash a company. Although when they give a promise I expect them to hold true to it. FYI the dealer called shortly after the first posting. He apoligized and asked me to bring the rails to the Show tomorrow. He said he will ship the wings and the 52" rails tuesday when he gets back. I will again follow up with you after I recieve the rest of my saw. Rick

Reply to
RampRat