Garden gate

The wire on our garden fence has pulled the posts on both sides of the gate area apart by 1 1/4 inches. What makes the most sense, to build the picket gate to fit the skewed proportions, or go ahead and build a square gate and let there be a 1 1/4 gap at the top?

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

Fix the posts first. There is only one RIGHT way.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The wire didn't shrink, so the tension it produced must have been able to move the posts. Brace the posts properly (or replace them if loose or rotted, then a "square" gate will fit.

Pete Stanaitis

sams> The wire on our garden fence has pulled the posts

Reply to
spaco