Furniture designs

For those that are interested: I found a website that has furniture for sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy. Not sure why he did this. I am going to print some off to use as guides for future projects.

Stoutman

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I might take you up on that...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hadn't browsed the site to that level of detail. That is kind of disconcerting, isn't it? Prices seem pretty reasonable, must be some level of production in order to make those prices feasible.

Mark & Juanita

I thought maybe those were proud finger jointed drawers like Darrell Peart and Michael Colca feature on their work. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Well okay, they are "wrong" but with modern glues they aren't going to fail. Why not expose the nice looking part? It's a different take. Probably not something I'd do, but interesting.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I went to Colca's site,

drawers are dovetailed not box joints, but visually similar.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I was about to say that his prices were very reasonable, but it does make you wonder.

Near me someone actually rented a showroom for his work. His prices were downright cheap, but the craftmanship was horrible. He randomly put cherry sapwood in the middle of a panel, there were 1/8" gaps in his dovetails... It was just a waste of otherwise good wood. He disappeared after a couple months.

Reply to
Toller

Ah, the eternal struggle. One part of me says - "Damn it - I like the angled thingies showing out front", another part of me says, "Gee, I wonder if the glue joint will fail over time with the pulling motion of drawer opening by my Grand-daugher with muscles like Hulk Hogan", and the third half of me says - "Gee I think I would like to do it just cause people don't think you should..".

And then the other part of me wonders, "I wonder if he KNEW you "shouldn't" do it, and didn't care or if...."

Ahh bugger it - ima have another drink and think about Mekon's Wood.

:)

Reply to
Mike Richardson