Funny woodworking phrases on stuff

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

Reply to
Covey

No.

Reply to
Leon

Strictly speaking, no...a once only probably wouldn't get much flack, but be prepared there be flamers if you do... :)

I think those w/ real ww tools/services get looked upon as a service it it's infrequent and not too blatant. Other ancillary stuff is more prone the farther it is from actual working wood...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Put it in your sig and participate in lots of discussions. ;-)

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

What Tim said.

Folks 'round here don't mind some self-promotion by those who are active participants in the community. It's them what breeze in, drop an ad, and breeze out again that are scorned.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

bring something to kill"

Gheeez, is this Karla Homolka's signature?

Wally

Reply to
Wally

this is the wreck. it's also usenet. so nobody has authority to tell you that you can't. you have to decide for yourself.

if you do, you'll be accused of spamming. thing is, the wreck runs a big 'ol double standard about spamming... as long as your stuff is truly cool and you don't act like an ass you'll probably be welcomed with open arms.

'sides, spam or not, it's on topic....

Reply to
bridger

It's true that there aren't any LAWS about what can and can't be done, but there are conventions. The wRECk runs on the same conventions that Badger Pond used to. ACTIVE posters can run an ad once a month or so. Fly-by posters of ads aren't welcome to do the same. Ads that lead back to places like Rocklers generally aren't accepted because MS Rockler doesn't show up here, the company just specializes in links from a lot of site, like Amazon does. Lee Valley IS accepted because Robin posts here very regularly and doesn't fill the web with redirects. Hope that helpls, Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

We've just taken some time at this cafepress thing to make some of the popular sayings in woodworking available on things that can be worn or used in order to promote woodworking in a unique way.

I figure everyone here knows of the tool and supply retailers. This is not intended to promote those links.

If anyone has suggestions on which items are the best they will be appreciated. We'd like to make a storefront of the best ones according to woodworkers themselves. And if there's is anything you would like to see please do suggest it.

This is just for fun folks. Just hoping you might get a chuckle. And to show how cool my shop-dog is:-)

If you click on the phrase/designs it will take you to the items that are available with it on them.

't want to offend anyone. That's why I asked.

Reply to
Covey

At least YOU asked - there are some.......

Nice dog and interesting site - good luck.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Looks like the kind of crap you get for fathers day, then feel obliged to wear at least once, then never again. Sorry, I'm just not into looking cute.

I'm sure you will sell some - to some poor bastards.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

bring something to kill"

I stole it from somewhere. Don't remember where.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

"Hold my wood, baby??"

That's a bit lame, isn't it?

Reply to
Robatoy

I know we can do better... Warning... some are somewhat crude... but that's sometimes the point, isn't it. ;)

How about:

001. Want to play mortise and tenon? 002. Want to see my curlies? 003. It's not just sharp, it's scary. 004. I have some excess moisture in my wood i need to get rid of. 005. I'm an expert at French polishing. 006. I have some lovely crotch wood I'd like to show you.
You have a lovely tail, dove.

(add your lines here :)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

I'd plow a dado in that any day.

Wanna play with my tools?

Got Wood? Want some?

Nice Shaker Pegs.

My other tool is a 10 inch SAW.

Reply to
gw

Wanna see my (clamp) rack? Woodworkers do it by hand.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

I'm a Real Man - I never use a guard on my tool.

BLO me.

Shave or sand?

Do you want me to finger-joint that box?

Ever had a McFeely screw?

Reply to
gw

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww SHIT!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*

Reply to
foggytown

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww SHIT!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

Reply to
Philip Lewis