FS: Sketchup at good price - used

FYI: There may be a couple of copies left of Sketchup, used, from a guy who was selling AutoCAD lt at ebay. While he auctioned AutoCAD, he mentioned in the listing that he had Sketchup for sale. I am very concerned about buying any bootleg copies, so I e-mailed some questions and was satisfied enough to take a chance.

Why Sketchup? Based on favorable comments by Sketchup users here, thank you very much, and having sampled the free download. I want it for product design (versus engineering), which is all I need it for; I'm still using a solid CAD program from 1997 or so called Trispectives, so an upgrade was due.

The CD arrived on Friday and it looks legit, though I cannot be 100% sure (YMMV). It did come with all of the needed numbers for install, as best I can tell.

If you are interested, take a look at the guy's completed AutoCAD auction,

contact info. That listing says he is selling Sketchup along with AutoCAD, but he was willing to sell Sketchup to me by itself for

Reply to
igor

for contact info. That listing says he is selling Sketchup along with

FWIW, I'm demo-ing SketchUp right now to do some visualization on a home addition I'm thinking about. I'm a reasonably-skilled AutoCAD guy, but I'm not wild about doing 3D in AutoCAD. I downloaded the SketchUp demo and I have to say, it's pretty cool. The makers stress that it isn't a CAD program, and there's no doubt about that. But for my purposes, it's very quick to create faces and turn them into a 3D model. The program is very intuitive in the sense that it "knows" that you're likely drawing a line to be even with an existing line and will highlight that point I wouldn't use it to create a dimensioned drawing to hand out for quotes, but it's helpful with the initial design. The only negative is that it's $495 on the web site. Unless you're a teacher, in which case you can get it for $99.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

I'm impressed by the program as well. I don't know enough about CAD programs to know what "Its not a CAD program" means. For the purposes of designing furniture projects, the program seems to have all the features needed (assuming you use a separate cutlist program). What is missing?

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob