FS: Central NJ Drum Sander & Bandsaw

I have a couple of tools for sale,

Delta 18 x 36 Drum Sander comes with a couple of boxes of sandpaper.

450.00 or BO

Jet 14" closed stand bandsaw, Has cool blocks and I have some Timberwolf blades to go with it also. 350.00 or BO

Both tools are in good shape and work like new, I've had a upgrade fever as of late and these are duplicates that are no longer needed.

Reply to
Wess

Just a note about our legal system. I would avoid the term OBO (or best offer) In California a man sue a seller after offering $200.00 for a 30' Parker boat. The man won based on the fact that it was the best offer to date.

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

Which, I believe, can be dealt with by saying "BO over $xxxx.xx" where the figure is one's reserve price. I, too, have been known to low-ball items (mostly at auctions) and, have gotten a thing or two that way because the auctioneer could not rustle up any further interest. It always irks them a bit to sell a $600 vacuum pump for $10, and, that sort of thing...but, hey... if it is the "Best Offer", it is only fair that it gets taken. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Reply to
TeamCasa

I don't believe it. The first offer is alway the best to date. So does the first offer always get it? How would the guy even know he had placed the best offer? He sure as heck couldn't prove it. An offer always has to be paired with an acceptance of the offer; offers are never automatically accepted. Except for an occasional flakey small claims court judge, no one would would ever rule like that.

Reply to
toller

heh. went to an auction a few months ago. lots of old office stuff. one lot was a copy machine. auctioneer started it off at I think $50. no bids. dropped it to $25. no bids. he was about to close the item when someone called out five dollars. sold. the look on her face was priceless when the guy brought the thing out- on a fork lift. it was about the size of a good sized refrigerator laid on it's side, and probably a good bit heavier. She was driving a car that was only slightly bigger than it was....

so you gotta be careful with those lowball bids....

Reply to
bridger

You don't live in California.

Reply to
TeamCasa

How about going to estate sales no waiting, just pickup what you need. Today, I just missed a vacuum pump when I entered the house 1/2 hours after the sales started. I got myself a Bosch trim router, a Crapsman and a Dremel cordless rotary tools (both unused), a Crapsman polish buffer, a Skill 3-3/8" cordless circular saw (unused), a Rigid tube cutter, bunch of Allen wrench and 4 wheel all for $80. I skipped the Haasselbald, Bronica, Linhof, Mamiya cameras, lenses, firearms, ammo's, tons of tripods, lighting. I'll be back tomorrow for the other Skill 3-3/8" cordless saw and one of the six cordless screw driver at half prices and maybe a few more unsold items.

Reply to
WD