Freud dado SD308 shim dislodged

I have a friend that has this old Freud dado set. Apparently there are some shims attached to the outer blades, and one has dislodged. He is wondering how to re-attach it without adding thickness to the blade. Anyone familiar with this set up?

Reply to
Nash

I have a friend that has this old Freud dado set. Apparently there are some shims attached to the outer blades, and one has dislodged. He is wondering how to re-attach it without adding thickness to the blade. Anyone familiar with this set up?

Reply to
Nash

I have the same dado set and had the same problem. I used contact cement to reattach the shim to the surface of the blade. I doubt that the contact cement added 0.05 mm to the thickness, which I think is completely negligible.

Reply to
Larry Spitz

If it's a metal shim - magnetize it and stick it to the blade.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I used double stick tape on my oldham and it's stuck for 2 years now.

Reply to
Rick's Cabinet Shop