flat bottom dado cuts

first setup gave me a convex curved bottom cut

swapped the outside blades and now i get a flat bottom cut

seemed logical to place the labeled sides

under no load the 6 inch dado set is much quieter than my regular blade and thought it would make more noise

Reply to
Electric Comet

Most of us can deal with a lack of capital letters.

A few will try to sort words without punctuation into coherent units, though the result will likely be different than you might have intended.

But when you leave out entire words, we are left with gibberish.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

All true but he really does not care what any of us think about his comments. He only wants to suck us for information and never takes any advice. He believes he is much smarter than any of us on woodworking although hes has yet to show any thing he has done. I really do not think he does anything at all.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:OfqdncWIeL_FnhPFnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

There is one thing EC does... He fills the newsgroup with woodworking comments. Sometimes we get so busy chatting with each other, we forget that this group is about woodworking.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

With all the words, punctuation and capitalization, most of it would still be gibberish.

Reply to
krw

Exactly. He starts most of the threads in this group now, giving those that think they know everything, and the english school marms a chance to spout off. I went through the subjects the other day it most of them were started by EC.

Oh, the other thing he does that is somewhat impressive, he ignores ALL smarmy responses to his posts, and they are abundant, particularly from the english school marms and those that know little and need a chance to bitch.

He might be the only reason this group still lives...

Reply to
Jack

Let me try to interpret for those with little comprehension skills.

On first use he had the outside blades reversed, left blade on the right, right blade on left. (This sounds hard to do unless you have a Freud dado set.) After correcting this the dado cut had a flat bottom and was quieter. On my Freud set, it is hard to figure the correct placement of the chippers as well.

He missed a word to describe if he thought the label side should be in or out, so if I were to insert a word, I'd say the label should be out, but who knows, perhaps a few hundred messages will result from his "gibberish".

Reply to
Jack

No one is forcing you to stay.

Reply to
krw

WTF? You guys bitch constantly about the guy that keeps the group alive. No one is forcing you to stay, idiot!

Reply to
Jack

You're whining right here, dumbass!

Reply to