Free Woodworking Report Available

Ah yes, Magister Ludi ... a surfeit of "links".

"Disciples come no longer to be blessed, Nor masters to invite an argument."

Reply to
Swingman

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:17:03 -0700, Swingman wrote (in article ):

(that is intellectual property, not internet protocol just to be sure you understand). They guard this as a company secret. If you understood the computer industry you would get it.

Apple has had the protocol open to third party vendors to facilitate deployment and acceptance. When a protocol is termed "proprietary" it is in terms of a single entity directing development.

But you don't seem able to grasp that protocols exist to transport other protocols (i.e. IP-internet protocol for the slow). You will find methods and identifiers to tell other network stack levels what standard protocol is being transported.

Sure! They are the developer. If it is non standard why would they even bother eh? Look at Microsoft, they are the epitome of proprietary.

You just don't seem able to defend your claim that Appletalk is not a networking standard. You just come up with a bunch of Dan Ratherian excuses "it a lie but i'll tell it anyway"

Reply to
Bruce

READ and you will see that it was I who pointed that out after the initial reference to PPP in this thread.

Introducing another red herring won't help your argument ... stick to the subject.

AppleTalk is a set of proprietary network protocols ... it is not, as I have repeatedly stated, an industry "standard".

Well, his grammar is better than yours, but I agree you that you are obstinately failing to recognize the truth of the matter.

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Joe Wilding

How did you end up with that moniker, Tawm? Last I knew, Col. Patterson booted his butt out of National Cash Register when he got some crazy idea about punching holes in paper cards. Then again, mid 60's at some kind of company picnic in Dayton, one guy said "It used to be IBM, but now it's just BM, because I left".

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Hmm. And perhaps the essence of /good/ leadership lies in being able to determine which of the possible directions for movement really is "forward".

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:34:04 -0700, Swingman wrote (in article ):

You don't seem to grasp that PPP can both transport TCP/IP and be transported over TCP/IP.

Yeah right, you still are avoiding my initial question.

Suffering from CRS???? you said it's not a networking standard.

yeah right! You seem to agree with the 'Wrecks esteemed wordsmith Mr. Watson that Excel is an industry standard (de-facto, which I would agree) but you are based against AppleTalk??? You must have tried to network one too many MS systems..

So, again...

Reply to
Bruce

Sure thing, Bruce. Don't mind explaining that at all ... it means that since you're arguing against the fact that AppleTalk is not an industry standard, you qualify as a fool. Now go play somewhere else where you may have a chance to convince someone it is ... you've failed miserably here.

Reply to
Swingman

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:49:50 -0700, Swingman wrote (in article ):

Hmmm. So buy this I take it that you can't back up your statement. You've certainly avoided it well.

Reply to
Bruce