Help in picking a bandsaw

I need to upgrade my bandsaw. I have an old Sears 12". It has been working fine for about 10 years but now I need to do some resawing. I found a local source for some real nice white and red oak and some cherry on 5/4 and 6/4 at 7" to 9" inches wide. The sears is too underpowered and too small.

So, I am looking at the Jet WBS-14CS and the Delta 28-206. Both are 1HP and have similar specs except the delta has 2 speeds. Both are $549.99 at woodcraft and money is a concern. I figure to add a riser to which ever I buy.

Any opinions or experience with either of these saws with the riser installed?

Thanks

Nitromaster

Reply to
Neil Larson

Check this out...

it ends 1428 eastern time. Local pickup in VA.

Neil Lars> I need to upgrade my bandsaw. I have an old Sears 12". It has been working

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Neil,

I have sold hundreds of each model of both bandsaws that you asked about. Both Jet and Delta represent a good value and both bandsaws are well made. In the 14" models most reviews come down to these two units as which one is best. If I was doing craft work and lathe work I would look at the Jet and save a few dollars, if I wanted to do more resaw work and wanted to do more precision cutting I would look very hard at the Delta. The guides are superior on the Delta unit. Good luck. Mike from American Sycamore

aswr

That is great advice, thank you much.

Reply to
Neil Larson
1 HP, 4 speeds, and a cast iron table:
riser blocks from 6" going to 12":
in China just as much as the Delta. And you might be able to add Carter guides to it.
Reply to
AAvK