Free planes today only.

LOL, I;m slow OK......

Rich

Reply to
searcher1

Wellllll, they weren't actually for me... See, I uhh, I got them for, ummm, the starving students at the local arts college. (Yeah, that's the ticket.) I may keep one or two (hundred?) for personal use but I'm really a generous kind of guy. (Yeah.)

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Now, Steve, some of the folks might not know why that is so funny!

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:21:39 GMT, Steve Knight brought forth from the murky depths:

Crikey, you've been selling on Ebay too long, Steve.

P.S: Make sure to state "NO Local Pickups Allowed" or someone will nail you for a freebie.

  • Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
  • --Noah *
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:05:07 GMT, Steve Knight brought forth from the murky depths:

Boy was THAT a straight line...

  • Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
  • --Noah *
Larry Jaques
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Call the authorities!!! that's child abuse!

Have a great weekend......release those kids!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Not yet it isn't, but some day it will be. When she asks me for a pony, and I tell her there's one outside, and she goes running, and then I shout "April Fool's!"

Am I that cruel?

I guess we'll have to wait and see when she asks me for a pony. ;)

(Nah, my kids are used to me, and no way they'd actually believe I bought a pony anyway. If I *had* a pony sitting right there, they wouldn't believe me. Maybe I cry wolf too often.)

Reply to
Silvan

You can't just leave it like that Jim.

Steve's wife is blind - which may explain how he got her to marry him ;)

And Jim, you doing your mortising chisels again?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

(G) I figured Steve would pipe up, but I guess you're right.

No, that's still on hold. Probably next year at the very earliest, if I decide to go into production again at all. I love making tools, but one of my favorite thing about it is the variety in the work. Making hundreds of the same thing is a different game. To do it properly and keep a reasonable pace as customers deserve, I'd need to to put some money into equipment and add some manpower.

It's kind of you to ask, Charlie. I get a few compliments and requests now and then, and I feel bad turning folks away, but I really don't have the time it takes if I were to stick with my current methods. I spend too much time doing other fun stuff! Like making lathe tools, as I did today. (G)

Cheers!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

you got that right. I am too ugly for any normal woman (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

this is still a limiting factor for me. there are new things I want to do and I can't afford the tooling. such is life. I guess I need to go public (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

At least it's important that they come from a 'stable' home.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

So your problem is with comprehension?

I am failing to see why you flamed one poster and not the original politicizer of thread, especially when your whole purpose was to accuse someone of politicizing a thread. It's seems incredibly hypocritical, unless it was a mistake, which you seem to indicate it was not.

Joe

Reply to
BIG JOE

Mon, Apr 5, 2004, 11:10am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@execpc.com (BIG=A0JOE) claims: So your problem is with comprehension? I am failing to see why you flamed one poster and not the original politicizer of thread, especially when your whole purpose was to accuse someone of politicizing a thread. It's seems incredibly hypocritical, unless it was a mistake, which you seem to indicate it was not.

I think you missed LRod's point. I think I got it, but even if not, no biggie. But, he'd be the one to tell you for sure, not me. And, why flame Steve?, after all, his was a legitimate offer

But, flamed? You honestly think LRod flamed him? Didn't sound like it to me. But, one man's flame, etc. You sound like you haven't checked out too many other newsgroups. If you think that was a flame, I wanna post in the groups you've been posting in. Uh, no, on second thought not, they'd probably be polite, not funny, and definitely not interesting.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

I said "original politicizer", not the OP. Steve made no political cracks. In fact, I have conversed with Steve in the past, and he is one of the most upstanding polite individuals on the newsgroup.

As far as interesting, this newsgroup is far more interesting when we are discussing making sawdust, which isn't often lately.

I think you missed LRod's point. I think I got it, but even if not, no biggie. But, he'd be the one to tell you for sure, not me. And, why flame Steve?, after all, his was a legitimate offer

But, flamed? You honestly think LRod flamed him? Didn't sound like it to me. But, one man's flame, etc. You sound like you haven't checked out too many other newsgroups. If you think that was a flame, I wanna post in the groups you've been posting in. Uh, no, on second thought not, they'd probably be polite, not funny, and definitely not interesting.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
Joe Tylicki