Free lumber. Sort of.

Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood chips

HeyBub

same care they show towards heavy metals in dinnerware and toys, I'd expect free longhorn beetles with every purchase.

RicodJour

Keep the wood, sell the beetles as pets for Easter. Maybe include a little EGP chain :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as is done with cardboard and paper.

Reply to
Larry W

Reply to
Robert Allison

It's that trade imbalance thing. They don't even want the shipping containers back. A local sailboat rigging guy, the one I just got my Emmert vise from, is moving his shop over into containers just bought a 45' extra tall container in fine condition for $2500 delivered.

RicodJour

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

Reply to
George W Frost

You'd have to feed the crew...

Reply to
Robatoy

Dude has a waaaay-big, soggy back yard, eh?

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Either that or he wants to start a halfway house for illegal immigrants being trafficked by container.

RicodJour

still has oodles of 4x4s and, of course, the chips.

I was mainly interested in the 4x4s as fireplace wood anyway. For free, it's worth the experiment.

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't think they work for mulch - any other ideas?

Reply to
HeyBub

HeyBub wrote: ...

Surprised generator of them didn't find an outlet -- altho there may be no close-enough chipboard or other user to make transport economic.

If not of a toxic or otherwise nasty variety, some use them as bedding/stall material in animal barns, etc. If it's an uncontrolled anything goes source, though, that's probably out as an alternative.

--

Reply to
dpb

It has been verrrrry wet down here

Reply to
George W Frost

You'd have to feed the crew...

*****************

I would hire a crew which were sons of yours, then they would be a chip off the old block and I could feed them the wood chips also available for free

Reply to
George W Frost

? "HeyBub" wrote

There are some solid fuel boilers that can use them. I'd not use them for much in case of bugs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why not? the bugs will burn the same as the wood

Reply to
George W Frost

Typo. Much should be mulch. I don't want bugs spread around the house. Burning is best use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski