Framing nailer

On May 19, 9:33 am, "JC" wrote SOMETHING:

RIGHT, HE SAID "ROUND" AND "FULL" (op)

And, if you have to drive 80 miles to find a Home Depot to save a few bucks, you need be prepared to read the box and manual/instructions yourself.

With what they pay HD/Lowes employees, expecting English Comprehension is going a bit far!

In my experience the three words they find most difficult to express are: 1. I, 2. Don't, 3. Know. A close second are the next four 1. But,

  1. I'll, 3. Find, 4. Out (pardon me for counting contractions as a single word.

I've had these guys go on for several minutes talking around the point in response to a simple direct question.

But blaming them for selling you the wrong box of clearly-marked nails is a stretch.

As someone else suggested, visit a nai/nail-gun distributor if you need expert advice and intend to rely upon the information offered by the employees. You will also be doing a solid for American Small Business's

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Can't comment on Lowes, but can on H/D since I have a friend who works there.

Things have certainly changed since the founders sold H/D.

Gone are the days when employees were considered assets,

Today, employees are treated as a disposable resource.

The result is a basic 8-5 attitude.

H/D is reaping what they sew.

It is a place I wouldn't want to work.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Having been in the big corporate world, let me explain it to you. I can hire a high school drop out for 5.50 an hour. They'll work pretty hard looking for raises. So, I give them three bumps over the course of maybe 18 months. By that time they have reached their comfort level and we're not going to get any more out of them. So, it's much cheaper to let them go and start over again with a new high school drop out. Now, I was with a very large nationwide insurance company and that's how we did it so you can imagaine how a lumber yard would do it.

Reply to
JC

In my state, that would be $7.65/hr.

**
**

B A R R Y

BTDT, having been an employee of one of the Forbes top 5, which is why I'm self employed these days.

If you are referring to Nationwide Ins, Columbus, Oh, having had a couple of relatives who are agents, can probably swap lies with you on an even basis

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

LOL!

Reply to
Leon

The insurance "corporate world" hiring high school drop outs explains a lot, and confirmed many of my suspicions. I'm betting many of those drop outs are in charge now.

Reply to
Leon

Perfect!

Reply to