Fire-engine Red stain under varnish?

A customer wants me to stain a west-facing sapele exterior door fire-engine red.

McCloskey/Valspar; Pratt & Lambert; Sikkens...nada.

Any know of a good choice? Cabot is coming to an Ace nearby and I'll look at their "Indian Corn Red," but would sure prefer not to reinvent the wheel on this.

TIA

Reply to
Wm Jones

Behlen's?

Solar Lux dye stain is available in a bright red.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Have you considered using automitive paint in an actual fire engine red color? Or, as a plan B, contact one of the fire engine manufacturing companies, inquire about the manufacturer and model number of the paint and then reach out to the paint manufacturer to ascertain if they could provide pigment for in the varnish of your choice..

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

Thank you both for your suggestions.

It looks as if I'll be using

Hardware's finishing expert recommended it.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Wm Jones