Finishing New Guinea Rosewood

Hi Everybody

Another finishing question - I made a name plaque out of New Guinea Rosewood and I am about to finish. I was thinking of using the same water-based poly (mentioned below, for the potato/onion bin), but not sure if that is optimal.

What would be the best way to get the INCREDIBLE grain more visible, without darkening any more than it already is?

Thanks!

Reply to
Robert Wein

I prefer to use velvit oil for about 3 days, then buff out, let sit for a week or two then apply Target Coating PSL clear. It is great for spraying but caan be brushed as well. 3 coats with very light sanding between (1200 grit) and you can have a beautiful gloss.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

I'e finished it with NC lacquer and it turned out really good. Plus it is easy to spray.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant Byrne