Finishing Deck Furniture

I've used Penofin. I believe they have some with colors. Check out their web page for more information. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I am experimenting with a simple design for a deck chair. I have made it using cypress to eliminate weathering problems, but would like to dye it to a dark red color. I have some Solar Lux left from a previous project. Will it be safe to sit on the chair, or will the dye bleed through to clothing. It that will not work, how about Penofin oil? Can I color it and will it be clothing safe?

Thanks, Len

Reply to
Leonard Lopez

Leonard, Not exactly what you asked, but I've had good luck using barn red Cabott deck stain on cypress adirondak chairs. It's not clothing safe immediately, but after a few days in the sun, you're set for about 4-5 years. Easy to renew, doesn't flake like paint.

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Reply to
DonkeyHody