Fine Foodworking. No misspelling, humor intended

Hey All, I had been joking with my wife about my latest project which is an 18 inch round side table made from three woods; Maple legs, Cherry top with a Walnut seam and Walnut stretchers. I was going to call it my Neapolitan Side table (or VanChocStraw as I've seen a certain brand of ice cream being sold in the past.) Anyway, after gluing up the top I took a break for lunch and grabbed the first loaf of bread in the fridge which was Pumpernickle. When I got out the lunch meats I found we had baked ham and sliced turkey breast. My concept for the side table was now following me into the kitchen. A little mayo (the glue) and I had a wonderful Neapolitan sandwich. Can't wait to finish the table and grab some ice cream. Hope your day was as much fun as mine, Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Fridge temps are the worst for making bread go stale. Freeze your bread or leave it out at room temperature.

Mike in Arkansas

And I thought this was an annoucement for Taunton Press's new magazine for woodworkers who like to cook :)

marc rosen wrote: : Hey All, : I had been joking with my wife about my latest project which is an 18 : inch round side table made from three woods; Maple legs, Cherry top : with a Walnut seam and Walnut stretchers. I was going to call it my : Neapolitan Side table (or VanChocStraw as I've seen a certain brand of : ice cream being sold in the past.) : Anyway, after gluing up the top I took a break for lunch and grabbed : the first loaf of bread in the fridge which was Pumpernickle. When I : got out the lunch meats I found we had baked ham and sliced turkey : breast. My concept for the side table was now following me into the : kitchen. A little mayo (the glue) and I had a wonderful Neapolitan : sandwich. Can't wait to finish the table and grab some ice cream. : Hope your day was as much fun as mine, : Marc

Reply to
kmy