stupid hunters

Would you guys mind putting you bullets in the animal and not in the trees?

Reply to
Jeff

You don't stand them up against the tree for execution? :)

Reply to
dpb

I'll take the trees over mountain bikers any day.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I'm a deer hunter and a duck hunter. Never considered becoming a stupid hunter before. Doesn't seem I'd have to look far. Plenty of it around without actually hunting for it.

Reply to
DS

Hey, the surgeon knows that there's a bullet in there, that's why he's going in, unlike the rest of us who find the bullet when it trashes our best saw blade.

Reply to
J. Clarke

First, I'd actually have to GET to the surgeon! 8^(

**
**

B A R R Y

Ha!

Reply to
George Max

Funny you should mention that. At our local woodturners club in Baltimore one of the members was showing off a very nice walnut bowl that was turned with the lead bullets still in place. No copper clad, just lead. It was interesting to see how the bullets were shaped as easily as the walnut. On a different topic, I work for my butcher as part of my deer hunting vacation- free butchering and hunting priveleges (sun rise and sunset) for 8 hours of work each day (plus they feed me breakfast, lunch and dinner) There are a few times when we have to pull out some bullet fragments from the meat grinder. Marc (who gets his venison in the woods and on the side of the road)

Reply to
marc rosen

Not sure if I should be offended by this thread or not... I woodwork, mountain bike, shoot and hunt. ;~)

Having sawn bullets, intentionally and accidentally, I'd venture that unless you happen to hit an armor piercing round with a steel/tungsten core it's unlikely a bullet would noticeably damage most blades, least of all carbide. Lead bullets and those with copper jackets are softer than some knots and in some cases softer than the wood itself. I think woods high in silica (e.g., locust) eat up a blade faster than a lead bullet...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Would you mind posting this over in rec.outdoors.rv-travel?

Those guys will help you build a 400 response string from this comment.

Thank you

RonB

Reply to
RonB

When we moved here during the second gun season for deer, a fellow was getting into his car going to work. He did not make that day due to being shot in the ass. Guess you need the optic orange vest all the time eh.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Or turning tools... I haven't had that experience yet, but since they don't have the same effect on stud finders as nails and barb wire, it's always a chance..

A friend was turning a vase and started hitting lead bird shot.. he just kept going... He said that it gave the vase an unusual look and buffed well..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis