Finding Plywood

Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Reply to
Bigdog

You can get it from a variety of places online, but you have to pay for shipping, of course.

and
are two good ones which just happen to be local to me.

You'd get much better answers if you told us where you live. Somebody who lives near you may be able to give you some suggestions.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Lowes & Home Depot are the places that sell cheap plywood.

If you want a better grade, expect to pay for it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sure, Go past Lowes about 4 miles, make a left at the Shell gas station. There is a lumber dealer about 1/2 mile on the right. They have just what you want. Good prices too.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Reply to
Bigdog

Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Reply to
Bigdog

Look up cabinet shops in the phone book, call them and ask where they get their plywood, then call the suppliers until you find one that sells retail. I have a local supplier that would like to see you pull up in a truck with a company logo painted on the side but they grudgingly sell to the public (read great unwashed). But if you know what you're looking for, you can get it.

Reply to
Max Mahanke

Actually, Lowes and Home Deport are extremely expensive for hardwood.

Reply to
B A R R Y

On 3/9/2006 10:47 PM Bigdog mumbled something about the following:

If you want cheap hardwood plywood, then go to Lowes or Home Depot. Now, if you want inexpensive hardwood plywood, that's a different matter.

Reply to
Odinn

You're screwing with his head Edwin. You know he'll be coming from the other direction and you'll have him down by the sewage treatment plant with those directions.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Around here, about 2 1/2 times the lineal foot price for dimensioned hardwood that a hardwood lumber dealer charges.

Reply to
Swingman

Lowes or Home Depot...special order desk...

Yellow pages...lumber...

Google...plywood...

Reply to
dadiOH

If you want to drive to Cincinnati you can get plywood at Paxton's.

Bigpole

Reply to
Bigpole

I always just tell people to follow the blue car for a mile, then turn left.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I always tell people that you cannot get there from here.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Jack Hoying

And you can drool over the other kinds of wood they have that you can't afford to buy as much of as you want. At least that's what I do -- they're only a few minutes from where I work, so I occasionally drop by during lunch.

Reply to
darkon

I work right around the corner on stewart rd, I will have to swing by one day on my lunch break and check it out.

Reply to
Locutus