Fence setup on Ridgid Jointer JP0610

Hello,

I recently bought my first jointer, the Ridgid JP0610, and I have a couple questions on setting up the fence. I notice that the fence contacts the outfeed table for about 2" just after the cutter heads; as you move the fence in and out, that portion slides over the table. Is that the way things are supposed to be? Also, the manual says the outfeed table attachment which holds the fence should be flush with the outfeed table, but mine is about 1/64" higher. Does that matter?

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

No! if the fence hits the outfeed table surface when you move it horizontally (I gathered from your text!) then either one or the other is not set up right. There are some hex screw behind the fence to adjust the table and the fence to be flushed with one another. Also, the fence may not be at 90 degree.

Reply to
paul

Wayne, I own the same machine, and your setup is correct.

You can adjust the fence casting level with the table, but it really doesn't matter.

Reply to
Kent

Thanks for the info. How much vibration do you get with this jointer? It seems like I get a lot, but I don't have much to reference it against. Has anyone put a link belt on this jointer?

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney