Fence recommendations needed for Jet JWTS-10CW2

Hi, I just bought a Jet saw (JWTS-10CW2, cast wings) from a place going out of business but the saw did not come with a fence or rails. So, I need to buy some.

I was thinking about getting the Xacta fence as I've used it before on a larger JET machine and liked it, but it is quite expensive ($300+?!?) and wanted to post a message to see if I had any other options. I guess Incra and HTC also make fence systems for the JWTS-10CW2?

Recommendations? Experiences?? Inexpensive places to buy?

Thanks!

-Sub

Reply to
Subw00er

Someone was recently looking to sell there stock fence in this group. I think he was in Fla. Kevin

Reply to
yobosaeyo

Sub;

I have the complete new rail and fence system. I have the miter gauge too if you need that.

I am in Tampa Florida. But I can ship it...

e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks!

Elmar

Reply to
Elmar

On my jet I have the Vega 52" Utility fence. I did have a bit of trouble getting it realigned once to my miter slot after it's removal and reinstallation after the purchase of the saw. The class 8 knarled allen head bolts bite into the alum a bit and can cause a dimple. I purchased some washers but I didn't take the burr off the alum before attempting again. Someday I will pull it back apart (about a 30 minute total job) and try it again.

To "solve" the problem I used about 3 pieces of blue carpenters tape on the correct side of the head, this adjusted the end within a couple thousands toe out at the end of the table. Except for my feed techique I can cut purple heart with no burning on the WWII.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

I've seen the stock fence, and I think I need something a little more precise than that. I will mostly be using the saw to do careful cutting. I will be making speaker enclosures, and the more precise the cuts are the first time, the less work I have to do later!

-Sub

Reply to
Subw00er

Have Biesemyer Home shop on same saw. Works great. Mounting was very easy.

RT

Subw00er wrote:

Reply to
RTH

Is the Biesemyer the same fence as the Jet Xacta fence? They look pretty close to me.

BTW, does anyone use the newer fence that comes on the supersaw? I will probably end up getting the 50" version for my JWTS because I cant really afford the Xacta. I also like that little roller feature. I need to find out on Monday if it will fit on my saw though.

-Sub

Reply to
Subw00er