ESP Custom Guitar Shop (was: More on glue)

While the end product is way over the top for my liking, he gets an A+ on execution and craftsmanship.

LUTHIER SPOTLIGHT Two years after enrolling in ESP's Guitar Craft Academy in 1990, Masao Ohmuro was asked to stay on as instructor. He continued teaching, and began building and repairing guitars for ESP shops and artists.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

While the end product is way over the top for my liking, he gets an A+ on execution and craftsmanship.

LUTHIER SPOTLIGHT Two years after enrolling in ESP's Guitar Craft Academy in 1990, Masao Ohmuro was asked to stay on as instructor. He continued teaching, and began building and repairing guitars for ESP shops and artists.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

It takes a lot of skill to make a guitar as unplayable as that one. Unmentioned was the poor bastard that had to spend a week fitting a case for it.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Yep, the "Here, hold my beer and watch this" mentality strikes again.

A concept completely lost on this culture ... just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Reply to
Swingman

Let's present him a trophy for showing up.

Reply to
Leon

Something tells me that's exactly what Gibson heard back in '58 when they introduced the Flying V:

Spalted Walt

I'm guessing Abraham Roentgen heard about the same thing from many of his peers back in the day ;-)

Spalted Walt

Repeat what I said earlier. ;)

Reply to
Swingman