Epoxy to Glue ebony Handle to knife blank

I am making a handle for a knife kit that was given to me. I am making the handle out of ebony and birdseye maple. I really don't want to use rivets. Will epoxy make a good metal to wood bond? Any other non rivet suggestions?

Reply to
Tvfarmer

T-88 by system 3

Reply to
Lou

I'll second that and add that you may want to wipe down the ebony with acetone prior to applying the epoxy and you should make certain that you have coated well with epoxy all the mating surfaces.

Reply to
ROY!

Thanks guys i will have to order some online (woodcraft has it I see) I don't know who locally will carry that.

Reply to
Tvfarmer

Quite often, Ace Hardware...

Richard

Reply to
cavelamb himself

I tried epoxying knife scales to a marking knife I made a few years ago. As predicted by Andy Dingley they fell off within a year. I'd suggest using the rivets along with the epoxy.

Reply to
Nova

Hi you may want to drill shallow holes in the scales and also if you can on the blade so that the epoxy will grip better. At least scratch the surface of the blade. you can also comsider placing short pins that are not exposed on the surface.

Reply to
wayne