epoxy , ca, or pva

Need a little advise-

I will be gluing a number of small cedar appliqués to a poplar panel. Awhile back i was advised to use a pva glue for its creeping properties. Since then, CA adhesive, and epoxy have been suggested as well. I am leaning toward an elastic epoxy. My main concern is the longevity of the bond. Of the three adhesives, which bond is most likely to still be stable 200 years from now(assuming proper care, and favorable conditions)?

Thanks

Don

Reply to
D Shack

hide glue.

Reply to
bridger

Yeah, I like what I've read about hide glue's workability, and superior strength. On the other hand, from what I've read, there also seems to be a good deal of learning in order to work with hide glue properly. For this project I just want to stick with something simple (for me). But I do intend to start practicing with hide glue in the near future.

don

Reply to
D Shack